Michael B. Smith
- Personal Injury
Michael B. Smith was raised in Mount Carmel, Pennsylvania. He is a 1999 graduate of Mt. Carmel Area Junior/Senior High School. Attorney Smith graduated magna cum laude from Bloomsburg University with a bachelor's degree in Business Economics and cum laude from Widener University School of Law. At Widener, Attorney Smith was selected as a member of the Trial Advocacy Honor Society, having exhibited excellence in the art of trial advocacy.
Attorney Smith proudly and passionately represents those who have been injured by the recklessness of others. He has a unique and critical understanding of the manner in which insurance companies think and operate, having represented multiple large insurance companies for nearly ten years in the past. Attorney Smith has been certified as a Life Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers, comprising fewer than one percent of practicing attorneys in the United States. Membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum is limited to those attorneys who have secured a verdict or settlement on behalf of a client in the amount of Two Million Dollars, or more.
Attorney Smith has also successfully defended numerous individuals wrongfully accused of criminal acts. Most recently he had serious felony assault charges dismissed against his client, who was facing up to 20 years' imprisonment, on the basis of a mistaken identify. Attorney Smith also handles complex civil matters for individuals and corporate clients.
Attorney Smith cares about the community. He served as the Treasurer for a Cub Scout Pack associated with the Columbia-Montour Council of the Boy Scouts of America from 2009-2013. As a member of the Rotary Club of Mount Carmel, he was the Vice President from 2013-2014 and served as President from 2014-2016. He is a member of the Kulpmont Knights of Columbus and the Valley Gun & Country Club in Elysburg. He performs pro bono legal work for a number of local non-profit organizations.
Attorney Smith proudly serves as solicitor for Mount Carmel Borough, Mount Carmel Municipal Authority and Montour Township.
Attorney Smith resides in Kulpmont with his wife, Meghan, and his son, Michael.
- Widener University School of Law, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Member of the Trial Advocacy Honor Society
- Bloomsburg University
- Bachelor's Degree
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Business Economics
- Life Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Life Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Treasurer for a Cub Scout Pack associated with the Columbia-Montour Council of the Boy Scouts of America, 2009 to 2013
- Member of the Rotary Club of Mount Carmel
- Vice President, Rotary Club of Mount Carmel, 2013 to 2014
- President, Rotary Club of Mount Carmel, 2014 to 2016
- Member of the Kulpmont Knights of Columbus
- Member of Valley Gun & Country Club in Elysburg