Jim is a 1999 graduate of Shenandoah Valley Jr./Sr. High School. Jim earned his Bachelor of Science Degree in Finance from the Pennsylvania State University. Jim went on to earn his law degree from the Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law. While in law school, Jim served as a judicial intern for The Honorable John F. Cherry of the Dauphin County Court of Common Pleas. Jim also interned for the Office of General Counsel under Governor Edward G. Rendell.
Prior to joining Fanelli, Evans, & Patel, P.C., Jim worked for two well-regarded Center City Philadelphia law firms where he devoted his practice to representing insurance companies, contractors and corporate entities in complex civil matters. While in Philadelphia, Jim litigated numerous claims at the municipal, arbitration and trial court levels in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Jim served as a certified Arbitrator for the Court of Common Pleas Philadelphia Compulsory Arbitration program. Jim also served as a mediator for the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas Mediation/Dispute Resolution Program.
In 2015, Jim returned to Schuylkill County to join the Firm. Jim dedicates his practice to representing the rights of injured victims in a variety of civil matters. Upon Jim joining the firm Jim secured a verdict of $512,000 in a trip and fall case in Luzurne County where the defense refused to acknowledge fault or make a reasonable offer to compensate the client for his injuries. During his time with the firm, Jim has successfully recovered millions of dollars for clients that suffered catastrophic injuries or death as a result of motor vehicle, construction, dram shop, premises liability, medical malpractice and work related accidents.
Jim is also very active in his community. In addition to his legal practice, Jim is a board member of the Schuylkill Economic Development Corporation, an entity dedicated to stimulating and improving economic development in Schuylkill County. Jim serves as the Solicitor for West Mahanoy Township Board of Supervisors and the Girardville Area Municipal Authority. Jim also coordinates the Firm’s annual holiday Bike Give-Away event. The event was created as a way for the Firm to give back to the people of Schuylkill County by giving children in the community bikes and helmets. Jim is also a member of the Schuylkill County Civil Rules Committee and Schuylkill County Bench Bar Committee.
Jim is admitted to practice before all courts in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the State of New Jersey. He is also admitted to the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, the United States District Court for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania and the United States District Court of New Jersey.
Areas of Practice
- Car Accidents
- Products Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Construction Accidents
- Criminal Defense
- Municipal Law
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 2006
- Pennsylvania State University
- B.S. - 2003
- Major: Business Finance
- Claims by Illegal Immigrants, September 2009
- General Contractors and Statutory Employer Immunity Under 6L’s Packing, May 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Schuylkill County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice (Formerly Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Schuylkill County Bar Association, Bench Bar Committee
- Schuylkill County Marcellus Shale Task Force
Past Employment Positions
- Cipriani & Werner P.C., Philadelphia, Pennsylvania , 2013 to 2015
- Margolis Edelstein, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania , 2007 to 2013
- Honorable John F. Cherry of the Dauphin County Court of Common Pleas, Law Clerk