Albert (B.J.) Evans has devoted his entire legal career to obtaining the best results for his clients. For the past 25 years, Attorney Evans has gone into courtrooms throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey and obtained large monetary verdicts for his clients in civil cases and not guilty verdicts for his clients in criminal cases. Attorney Evans has fought major corporations including, auto manufacturers, hospitals and insurance companies to obtain justice and money for his clients. He has obtained numerous million dollar settlements and verdicts and been named a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Association. Among Attorney Evans’ recent successes, were a $1,200,000.00 verdict in Carbon County involving the death of a construction worker, a $1,700,000.00 settlement for a chemical worker who was burned and a $200,000.00 settlement for a mom who sustained a brain injury when a wheelchair lift malfunctioned. In criminal law, Attorney Evans was one of the few lawyers under the age of 30 to have tried a murder case. He has successfully obtained not guilty verdicts for numerous clients charged with serious felony and misdemeanor charges.
Attorney Evans has also represented numerous corporations in commercial litigation and business dealings. Attorney Evans successfully handled commercial lawsuits involving anti-trust, valuation, shareholder disputes and contract interpretation. Attorney Evans has also represented corporations in sales and purchases who values were well in excess of One Million Dollars.
Attorney Evans has been appointed to the Board of the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association. He is a Diplomat of the American Trial Lawyers Association. He is the current Acting Vice President of the Schuylkill County Bar Association. He has, for many years, served on an Advisory Committee to the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania. He was nominated and selected to the National Top 100 Trial Lawyers. In 2020 he was selected as a "Super Lawyer" in Pennsylvania.
Attorney Evans has been elected to the Board of Directors of the Riverview Bank, Harrisburg, PA. He has been selected to serve as a Solicitor for multiple municipalities and a water authority. He serves on numerous local non-profit boards such as the Schuylkill Haven Island Committee, Inc. and YMCA. He is a Eucharistic Minister and church council member of the St. Nicholas Ukrainian Catholic Church, Minersville, PA. He regularly volunteers his time in the local community speaking to high school students on legal issues.
Attorney Evans is a 1986 graduate of The Hill School, Pottstown, Pennsylvania. He received his undergraduate degree from Colby College in 1990 and his law degree from Widener University in 1993. Attorney Evans resides in Schuylkill Haven, Schuylkill County, PA with his wife, Dr. Kim Hashin and their two sons, Albe (age 18) and Alan (age 11).
Areas of Practice
- Car Accidents
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Criminal Defense
- Commercial Litigation
- Municipal Law
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- Widener University School of Law, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Colby College
- B.A. - 1990
- The Hill School
Honors and Awards
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Schuylkill County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice (formerly Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association), Board of Governors, 2010 to Present
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- US District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania, Lawyers Advisory Committee
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Board of Delegates, 2007 to 2008
- American Association for Justice, Diplomat
- Riverview Bank, Board of Directors
- West Motor Freight of PA, Board of Directors
- Evans Delivery Company, Inc., Board of Directors
- Vice President, Schuylkill County Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Eucharistic Minister, St. Nicholas Ukrainian Catholic Church
- President, Schuylkill Haven Island Committee, Inc.
- Vice-President, St. Nicholas Holy Name Society
- Board Member, Zwerling Foundation & Trust
- Board of Directors, YMCA